Top 5 HR Mistakes Most Companies Make
We break down the most common HR mistakes that small and medium-sized businesses are making, and how to fix them
Getting HR right is hard, and no company is perfect. But if you can avoid the biggest mistakes companies make, you're most of the way there.
Managing HR at a company is a dynamic process. There are many paths to creating a great culture, but there are a few core principles of HR where it's not worth re-inventing the wheel. It's nearly impossible to build a great culture on a shaky HR foundation.
At Collage HR, we've helped thousands of companies make sense of HR, payroll and benefits. We put together this guide to break down the most common HR mistakes that we see companies make. Plus, in each section we give you a step-by-step checklist to fix them.
If you ever want more help with any of these topics, reach out to us at www.collage.co.
- What you're getting wrong about employment contracts
- Why you can't be loose about tracking time off
- Why formalizing feedback is essential
- Why you need a formalized employee handbook, even if it's simple
- A step-by-step checklist for managing terminations safely